Five foot two, cute, bubbly, bouncy, arms of steel, makes millions of dollars a year on TV. Well, maybe I’m not exactly like Kelly. Kelly Ripa is known for her incredible commitment to fitness. Her exercise routines are often featured on her morning show. And her fit physique is often a subject in the tabloids.
We might not be exactly twins, but we’re more alike than you might have known. Both Kelly and I incorporate TRX into our workouts.
TRX Suspension Training is a fitness tool made from high quality nylon. It has a strong carabiner at the top and cushion handles at the bottom. It’s so durable, it can hold up to 1400 pounds, yet only weighs two pounds. It’s extremely portable – you can set it up at home, in your office, outside, in a hotel room…anywhere! Paparazzi optional!
TRX is a total body training system that allows you to do all sorts of exercises using your body weight. You have to use you core stabilizer muscles when using TRX, so you build your core, strength, balance, agility and power all in one.
You can use TRX to work in a variety of planes of movement and in all ranges of motion. One day, you can work on your running stride and the next day work on your golf swing. It is unlike any machine-based training, allowing you to move through endless ranges and angles, which is much more beneficial and functional than other workouts.
Get the Moves Like Kelly
When I do a TRX workout with clients, we started with a basic squat. This is a way to warm up the body and focus on basic form. A benefit of doing squats with TRX is to enable you to get a full range of motion at your knees without putting a lot of strain and weight on them. From a basic squat, you can do one-legged squats, jumps, lunges and hops. You can keep advancing your skill level by adding balance and movement.
The Benefits of TRX Suspension Training
- It’s great for all levels. Anyone can use TRX due to its versatility.
- It’s portable. It weighs two pounds so you can take it anywhere and use it indoors or outdoors.
- It helps you reach any goal. Use to improve sports performance, lose weight, gain strength, rehab an injury, and more.
- It’s functional. It’s designed to utilize body weight for resistance and enables you to exercise your body in multiple planes of movement. This prepares you for lifelong fitness and the demands of daily activities.
- You stand to train. People sit too much and have sedentary lifestyles. This allows you to get off your butt.
- It’s all core all the time. TRX requires you to constantly remain “engaged” and “stable” throughout your entire body.
I love TRX because I can be creative, have fun, and push myself and clients past limits. Join me for a group TRX class every Monday, Wednesday or Saturday. Visit my website to see my schedule or contact me to set up a personal session. You may never have a live studio audience, adoring fans or a handsome co-host, but you, too, can be just like Kelly Ripa!